Thanks for making PIVOT a success! Register for a full year of programming below!
Did you have a great time at PIVOT 2020? Tweet your experience and tag us @ame_schools
There are plenty of amazing CA-AME-EO events to come! Register for a full year of Professional Learning for only $50!
2020 was the year of the pivot. It was a year that the teachers became students again: learning new ways to connect, present content, facilitate collaboration, and the list goes on. But what have we learned from all this pivoting? And most importantly, how are we, our students, and schools better for it? Come find out at this special AME event- the first in our CA-AME-EO Professional Development Series.
- Welcome to the 2021 AME Professional Learning Series & AME CDE Updates
- Guest Speaker Shelly Peiken
- Introduction to Pivot and a few special pivot presentations
Community of Practice Breakouts
6 Separate Meetings by Pathway: Graphic Design/Visual/Commercial Art, Professional Theatre/Stage Technology, Professional Music, Sound, Music Production, Professional Dance and Choreography, Film/Video and Multimedia Broadcast, and Animation/Media Arts/Game Design
- Community of Practice Introduction
- The Pivots! A celebration of 2020 learning. Select teachers will be sharing their best 2020 pivots in short presentations with a focus on practical resources and take-aways that can be implemented in 2021. Here is the chance to share your best 2020 learnings with your teacher community and celebrate our many successes.
Special Guest Speaker for Pivot: Shelly Peiken
Shelly Peiken is a multi-platinum American songwriter best known for Christina Aguilera’s No. 1 hit, “What a Girl Wants,” and Meredith Brooks’ GRAMMY nominated smash, “Bitch.”
Her book Confessions of a Serial Songwriter, a memoir that chronicles her journey from a young girl falling under the spell of magical songs to writing hits of her own, earned her a second GRAMMY nomination for Best Spoken Word Album.
After decades of writing songs for and with established artists and years of creators’ rights advocacy with SONA (Songwriters of North America), Shelly is thrilled to have recently released an album of her own — 2.0 etc… is a mix of ‘re-imaginations’ of her well-known songs and some personal favorites that have never been heard.