The California Arts, Media, and Entertainment Educator Organization (CA-AME-EO)
CA-AME-EO will serve as a forum for idea exchange and industry updates that are of interest or benefit to its members. We hope to create an organization that members can access at their own comfort level but one that can also be called on to:
- Raise its collective voice when issues of common interest present themselves (i.e., Standards Revision, CTE Funding legislation, teacher certification requirements, Departmental funding inequities, etc.
- To provide Career focused professional learning support for AME pathway and sub-pathway teachers and administrators
- Provide a regular forum for teacher-to -teacher interaction on topics identified by its members
Coming March 25th!
The Business of Talent Representation
Join UTA (United Talent Agency) for an open discussion about life working at a leading talent agency and gain insight into different career opportunities both within an agency and the industry. UTA is one of the largest talent agencies representing actors, musicians, digital talent, thought leaders, digital influencers, and athletes. We will explore career paths available to students in this field and discuss UTA’s industry leadership in increasing representation and diversity through the hiring process.
2021 CA-AME-EO Professional Learning Calendar
There will be 9 CA-AME-EO professional learning events in 2021. Each event will run about two hours and will include a thematic general session for all AME teachers followed by community of practice breakout meetings focused on pathway-specific content, resources, and support.
- January 29: Pivot
- February 26: Human Centered Design for AME Teachers
- March 25: The Business of Talent Management
- April 29: Teaching Entrepreneurship in the AME Classroom
- May 27: Soft Skills and the Future of Work
- August- December- Dates and Topics TBD
CSUSM will be offering 2 units of credit for teachers who attend all 9 events for $199. Click here to learn more.